Running 101Book - 2000
Few writers have provided more thoughtful insight on running than Running 101 author Joe Henderson. A respected voice on the subject since the 1960s, he now distills the wisdom of his years into 101 practical lessons that are ideal for beginning and intermediate runners looking for new ways to improve and enjoy the sport.
Henderson's wealth of experience is evident on every page as he covers the nuts-and-bolts basics of the sport he knows as few others do. Throughout the book's 15 informative and entertaining chapters, he teaches you how to
- set and meet realistic goals,
- plan your training and racing season,
- evaluate and track your progress,
- choose appropriate shoes and running gear,
- avoid and recover from injury,
- eat for training and racing,
- return after time off,
- run faster and longer,
- follow a training program for the 5K to marathon, and
- recover smarter and faster from hard training and racing.
Whether you're lacing up your running shoes for the first time, coming back after an injury, or training to run a longer distance than ever before, the fundamentals in Running 101 make it the one course you won't want to miss.